Pool Design Advice Needed...

Fc1983

May 10, 2013
Hi Guys/Gals,

Just a quick note to say I've had a look around the forum and think this is an awesome site. :)
I posted earlier about solar heating panels and thought I'd open it up a bit more to general advice on pool design.
I am planning to build a pool (15' x 30' x 3'dp - sunk into the ground) in the garden and really don't want to have to pay out loads to heat and maintain it.
I have an area of flat roof (16' x 10') about 100' away from where I wanted to put the pool and have been looking into solar heaters but really want advice on how/what people have done and how best to keep ongoing costs down whilst keeping the pool relatively warm and clean.

Basically I'm asking, how would you design a pool given the criteria above.

Thanks - Tom

Howdy!

I can't help you with warm, but I will tell you the same thing I always put in these design suggestion threads: put the skimmer at the extreme downwind end of the pool, even if it means a long pipe run. Mine isn't, and even the smallest breeze will push all the leaves right on past the skimmer and they collect at the far end, get waterlogged, and sink. So I get to vacuum them out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.