Advice for new (soon to be) above ground pool owner

May 7, 2013
Lathrop, CA
Hello,
New to this forum.. Was hoping to get some advice on what sized pool to get. I know I want round, but not sure if an 18' x54" would work.. Mostly it will be 4 of us here, 2 adults and 2 kids, sometimes 3.. I may want to entertain a fairly small group of 10-12 people and not sure how many people could comfortably fit in a 18' round x 54" deep pool.. Would a 21' be that much better? I don't anticipate all 12 people in the pool at one time however would like to see what a 18' versus 21' could hold. Thank you!

Welcome to tfp, dani1966 :wave:

Almost no one regrets going bigger. If you will have 10-12 people in the pool at the same time, I am not sure that would work well even in a 21' pool. I have a 21 and we have had 10 kids in there at once, but it is crowded.

18X54 is 7600 gallons

21X54 is 10400 gallons

If you have the space, go with the biggest you can fit with the smallest being 24'. I always had 4 or more kids and a dog in the pool at any given time and it was comfortable. Here is my 24' with 5 kids playing in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.