Part way Through Build, Loads of Pictures!

denaw

Apr 29, 2013
Willis, Tx
Hi All!
I just found this site about 3 months ago, and have read sooo many posts! I was posting on Garden Web...but fell in love with all the information I have found on this site...and all the new builds. So I thought I would post everything that I have done so far, and then it will slow down as it progresses. I will try to figure out how to post the pictures then I will begin in the next round...
Such a Great Site!!!..Thank you Everyone for the information, the pictures and the humor!
BTW, I'm in Willis Texas, just North of Conroe :wave: And..we started our Build April 1, 2013...at least this started by removing existing trees.
Dena

Pictures of the before the destruction begins! I mean..construction!... :oops:
Patience is NOT my best virtue!!
Now that we have made the decision I want it yesterday!.. :shock:

This is the Pre-Pictures, before anything started:

Looking back from my existing back porch:

Behind my Garage Area:

From our Bulk-Head looking back towards the existing porch:

Good Luck.... My pool was started on tuesday and now is a big mud hole... I cant believe it rained soooo much today... I hoping the rain skips us tomorrow so they can start the iron work soon... good luck

Well Shoot....Don't know where the follow up went..that I just posted...Sorry..New to this!!! Please bare with me!!!
I'll Try again...

This was on April 2, 2013

Today the trees came down.

This was their "Money" limb..the one hanging over the fence!

Then...There was None!...They were so fast! :whoot:

Now we were waiting on the HOA approval!...More to come

cavjock22...Goood Luck! And thanks!

When I got home on April 2, 2013 this is what I found:

It really felt to me like "It" Was really happening then!
This is my Grand Daughter running towards the Mound
To blow Bubbles!!!...Notice the Fig Tree behind the garage is Gone Also!

More to Come!...Thanks so much for hanging in there with me!
Dena

This is happening on April 3, 2013:

To Give a bit of insight:..We were also having a privacy fence put in at the same time that the Pool Build started:AND...we are also having an addition added to our existing back porch. Another 11 feet covered back Patio/Kitchen area to tie in with the existing one. Whew....to have never done anything like this before it is/was pretty scarry!
I didn't post the dimensions' so here they are!:.. We chose to go with Regal Pools in The Woodlands. Our Pool Builder, is Josh and even now...I just think he "almost" walks on water!

POOL:
Pool Style
Custom Design Freeform
Pool Area
875' ft
Pool Perimeter
125’
Pool Depth
3’6” x 7’
Pool Dimensions
40' Long
23’ Wide Avg.

Here are some, "Idea" pictures that we are looked at:

This is happening: April 5, 2013

I let my PB know that we were approved by the HOA around 8:30 this morning and he was
out marking and staking before 10:30!!...Great Guy!!! Thank you Josh and Chase! If the weather
holds out he has planned that they will start digging on Wens...I personally cannot wait to
actually watch this progress!

Here they were marking the outline of the pool:

All Staked:

More to come!....If this is too much Please let me know!

Happening on Tuesday, April 9, 2013:

My Granddaughter actually making the "First" dig!...Got to Love Her!

The Privacy Fench going in Slowly.

Well the "real" dig was suppose to start tomorrow, but we are expected to get
TONS of rain in Conroe!.. :cry: ..Soo just means it will start on Thursday (Hopefully)!

Happening.. Friday, April 12, 2013:

Sooo Stressful Today...Sooo Many People!! The "Dig" was put off from Thurs. to Today
Due to the the heavy rains..I totally Understand!
Here is Chase and Edwin Giving the "Thumbs" UP...To Let the digging begin!

And So It Began!

That is Josh, in the purple..MY PB...Onsight...I have to say..he is just...great!!..
Thank You Josh and Regal Pools!!!!

And they Dug....(Sorry About the Pic..thru the upstairs window Screen! But..you can see the form!)

And they "Dug"..These guys are so AWESOME! They stayed soo late and worked soo hard!!! Thank YOU!!

This is PaPa and Maddison (Grand Daughter) Walking into the .. Abyss....LOL

They Made it!!..

You can see how high the pile of dirt is .. This is My Grand Daughter (Maddison) and my Grand Son (Colby) on top of the dirt pile!

More to Come!...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Happening, Monday, April 15, 2013

Well Saturday afternoon was not nearly as stressful as the morning started out. Our pool diggers, and plumbers and rebar guys were all having to wait for our fence builder to finish up...
The afternoon went very smooth!
We have 2 boxers and a small mix dog..but my son and his fiance are staying with us right now and they have a boxer and a lab, they all have to be taken out ever 2 hours one at a time.5 dogs, one at a time!!! That is stressful!...lol! We also have our Daughter and our two Grand Babies living with us.

After the fence was all done, everything else is strictly thru Regal Pools, so alot less stress!

Here they are finishing up the shape of the Hot tub!

The Re-Bar begins! This is Edwin (in the black shirt) another of our PB's, always busy..yet as you will
see in the next picture, always a smile on his face! He, Josh and Chase have all been soo easy to work with!! Thanks again guys!

The Re-Bar continues! And the smiles!

Lots and Lots of Re-Bar!

Here we are plumbing and re-bar all done.

To Be Continues!:

Happening, Tuesday, April 16, 2013

GUNITE!
OK..before I begin with pictures.....I know I mention Regal Pools, alot...But...Wow..I have to say... The owner aka; our PB is Soo Great!...He puts so much Heart and Soul into his pools, and just "Desires" the "client", (ME) to be Happy!..He pays attention to detail...and most important he LISTENS.. He So wants me to be Happy..and knowing "me"..thats pretty tough :oops: !!!...I can honestly say....Since Regal has taken control...I have VERY Little Stress!!..Thank YOU Josh!!!!!..Whew!
OK...NOW...to todays pictures!!...I am SOO Happy and Excited!!!

The Gunite Begins, I will tell you, Josh hires the Best:

More Gunite..!!

Working Hard!

Still Working!

Working on the Rock Slide and Gratto:

More of the Gratto being built...this is AMAZING!

These guys got here around 6:45 A.M.! And was just
finishing up when I got home around 5:35 P.M.

"AMAZING!" :whoot:

I Absolutely LOVE my pool so far!!!

Looking back towards the deep end.

My son in the Hot Tub!....HaHa!!

My Grandson in the deep end.(shhhh..do not tell anyone we were IN the pool yet) We weren't
suppose to step on it until today! We tip-toed...I Swear!

At the end of the day, We had This!..Just Beautiful!
Ok..the back 'yard' does not look great, but I have Faith
in my PB and his promise that his clean up crew will take
care of the mess!

I'm getting close to getting updated....More Pictures to come!...
Dena

Happening: Wens. April 24, 2013:

The Stone work begins!:...I LOVE the stone work on the spillway of the Hot tub!

And More:

Starting the travertine on the coping.

Some of the Rock into the Gratto:

The waterline Tile in place:

A view a bit further out:

An entire View:

And my favorite! Showing the Hot tub stone w/the coping and tile...Love It!

I'm so sorry...but I still have more to come...We are getting close to where we are today though!..Please be patient and bare with me......
Dena

Happening, Thurs., May 2, 2013

So they have finished up the Moss Rock and the Rock on the Gratto and Slide:

An over-view. All the mud! And not to mention it was raining this day!

Decking is next..and I Promise....it's Very close to being where we are Today!...
Dena

Happening: Sat., May 4, 2013:

Yesterday they came out and laid the rebar and poured all the concrete in one day...It is ALOT of concrete but I love it!!!

This is an Overview from the upstairs window:

This is the Addition that will become the Covered Patio / Kitchen area, plus the existing Patio:

This is by the Gratto looking towards the house:

From the Left side of the Pool area:

And from the Right Side:

Closer up view from Right side of Pool looking back towards the step leading up to the Patio/Kitchen Area

They are suppose to start the addition on Monday, and I have to say, I am soooo Thankful that Regal Pools is doing the entire rest of the build, so much LESS stress!
We are moving along very fast...soo keep checking back for the addition and finale...

Thank You ALL for putting up with my Abundance of posts and pictures...We are FINALLY up to date with the build and I will continue to post updated pictures if You are willing to put up with me!
Dena

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.