Part way Through Build, Loads of Pictures!

OK..so I took pictures this evening of the patio stained ceiling. Now the color will look different because of the lightening but its the same!

Old Patio / New tongue and groove:

New Patio:

Looking straight on:

Far Off:

Well that's it for now. Today they came out and pumped the water out of the pool and cleaned it up. Hopefully Wens., but PB said they are a day behind so Thurs. will be the day for the PS, Friday start filling. Then I sure hope by Sat. it will be full (may pay the neighbor to use their water too... :p ). Depending on when I get it filled they will come out Sat. or Sun. and turn on the equipment!

Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer...sure would like to swim this weekend!

Dena

Thank you dahncke! We'll have 6 pot lights, and 4 ceiling fans with lights so that will help keep it bright under there!..Plus we have 4 hanging post lights that will go across the 4 outside posts..I believe we are going to do limestone on the posts and the kitchen build, should turn out to be similar in color to the traventine on the coping....Today they stained the boulders so I can't wait to see them..and PB said they are due out in the morning for the Pebble Sheen!..Wooo Hooo..sure wish I knew a faster way to fill the pool!..hmmm any insight would be appreciated!...
Dena

denaw said:
Thank you dahncke! We'll have 6 pot lights, and 4 ceiling fans with lights so that will help keep it bright under there!..Plus we have 4 hanging post lights that will go across the 4 outside posts..I believe we are going to do limestone on the posts and the kitchen build, should turn out to be similar in color to the traventine on the coping....Today they stained the boulders so I can't wait to see them..and PB said they are due out in the morning for the Pebble Sheen!..Wooo Hooo..sure wish I knew a faster way to fill the pool!..hmmm any insight would be appreciated!...
Dena

Neighbors faucets when they aren't looking.......? Maybe they won't notice!

Good Thursday evening everyone!
Yesterday they came and stained all the boulder creations.

The stairs and slide:

Going down the slide...it's looking pretty slick!

The back of the pool.

And the back of the Grotto:

I'll end this one and start a new one showing the Pebble Sheen going in!

Dena

Ok...Today they did the Pebble Sheen. I went with the Aqua Blue and I am loving the color so far!

They have Arrived!

Getting set up:

And so it begins!

These guys are really fast!! Still going!

And Goingggg...:

And GOING... :-D

Final Touches:

And When I got home :whoot:

From the other side:

Whew...Tomorrow they should be out to do the acid wash and scrub, then I can start filling her up!.. :bounce:

Have a good evening Everyone! More tomorrow!

Dena

Dena, not to be too much a critique, however I noticed that the valves at the back of the slide/ grotto are those PVC red handle ones. Please have your builder replace them with Jandy or Pentair Never Lube valves. The ones he has installed will give you trouble soon. I had all of mine replaced by the builder. It is well worth the extra money up front. Looking great :cheers: :cheers:

Thank you brentr, I am checking with my PB right now..on the upside of that my son is a licensed journeyman plumber and I'm pretty sure I can buy the valves and he can put them on for me..depending on what my PB says the costs would be for him to do it! Thanks again!
Dena

Ohhhhh Dena!!! I'm packing my bags as I type! I should be there by the time the pool fills! Get the Margarita Machine Ready! :whoot: :party: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Come on down Casey :cheers: !!! We have been filling up since about .. 10:30 this morning..it's about high thigh deep in the deep end right now...Woo Hooo :whoot:
Here's the beginning:

Starting: Note only one hose at this time: I went to 3... :lol:

Got 3 hoses going now:

Gettin' there:

Another Shot:

The Dogs Loving it already:

And them Playing:

I'll post more later!
Dena

OMG! Mummy would have so much fun in there with your puppers! :mrgreen: The Rottweiler will stand guard and just watch! We took them to Ohio Pyle last year and Boo, the Rotty, was enjoying herself and the water and all of a sudden she was butt over head in deep water because she walked right off the ledge! Needless to say, she is petrified of water now! When it comes to bath time, she's like bathing a rare, wild, exotic gorilla! :shock:

The pool looks amazing! Can't wait to see it full! :cool:

denaw said:
Starting: Note only one hose at this time: I went to 3... :lol:

We had 2 running to fill ours, the one out back and the front hose run through the house to get to the back yard:). Pool looks fantastic and thanks for doing the build thread!!

Casey...I absolutely have some fill pics..I will crop them and send them as soon as I finish my work (Im at work...and I do not want to work at all!... :lol: )
tick221: We were lucky enough to have 3 seperate outside spigots and I was shocked that it filled up as fast as it did...Happy but shocked..
bargearse; I will take a pictue tonite of the equipment
vanibrown: We still have a ways to go to finish the entire project but Im soo thankful we have water... :wink:

And Thank you so so much everyone for such wonderful comments...
I'll post more pictures today...if not during the day, I will do it when I get off work this evening!

Dena

bargearse; I forgot to get pictures of the pump station..I will do that!
vanibrown: Thank you! We are now onto the kitchen build..
pragmatic: Thank you so much!...
Now do I have a horrific story to tell...After we got the pool filled and the falls on, I was gonna go down the slide, never thought anything about my dogs being outside. Well I go up and slide down only to look up and see my 2 big boxers on top of the slide, and they slipped...down the slide...my momma dog was first, and she fell sideways and hit her side on the side of the slide so that when she hit the water, I'm pretty sure when she hit it knocked the air out of her so she sank like a anchor and kept going down and down...I yelled for my son to help just as I saw the white boxer come down the slide and hit the water pretty hard...I had to swim down to get the momma dog, got her up and pushed her off to my son and turned and looked to see my white boxer, and only his nose was above water with bubbles coming out...so I grabbed his collar and started swimming with him....We got them both out and needless to say I was pretrified! They both threw up water and the white one coughed for a while...but both are fine!...I learned that whenever I go down the slide the dogs are locked inside the house!..Whew....
The white boxer stepped off of the sitting area to the right of the hot tub and went into the water but I didn't panic and he managed to swim to the tan deck..so at least I know if he were to fall in, he knows where to go to get out...sheshhhhh!...That was NOT fun!
Ok..now some updated pictures!

As you can see the water was still a bit green here:
My Granddaughter and Grandson playing!

The water is getting Bluer:

Needless to say the Lab Loves the water: We have to keep her inside when the little ones are swimming because she wants to "Save" everyone!... :lol:

Full View:

And...a night shot:

Ok...all scary stories aside!...Here's the beginning of the outdoor kitchen. These are 'terrible' pictures! It was really bright yesterday when I took them, but it will give you an idea of what is happening.

The beginning:

Side view:

Grandson being Cool!

More to come!
Dena

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.