Forum newbe

Charlie_R

TFP Expert
May 8, 2013
Mexico, MO
New to the forum here.

Just a quick intro --

We were given an Intex 15x48 pool last year, needed a new liner. The neighbor that gave us the pool had all sorts of trouble keeping the water clear, I'm assuming because she kept getting "pool stored". If it wasn't filled with algae, it was cloudy white. A sad chemical soup, and not enough care to try to get it right.

This will be our second year with this pool. Learned about the BBB method from another forum (A few of you here might know which one). Did ok last year, except for what may have been a mustard algae problem for part of the season.

The heater mentioned in my sig is one I put together out of an old BBQ grill and about 100ft of copper tube. Works quite well. 15 - 20deg temp rise inlet to outlet, with a hot wood fire. We'll see how long it lasts.

Seeing several threads here on hard plumbing done on pools similar to mine, I'm thinking that would be the way to go. That will probably happen slowly over this summer, with the purchase of a sand filter next season. I'm not too enthused about the relatively small filter area in the pump/filter. I am open to suggestions on what size sand filter to buy, and will be reading on this forum and others about how to maintain that type of filter.

Charlie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.