zodiac kontiki vacuum with intex pool? is this okay?

Apr 19, 2013
Just bought a Zodiac Kontiki vacuum on sale at a local pool store.

http://www.pioneerfamilypools.ca/produc ... l-cleaner/

They assured me it would work for an aboveground pool. Then I looked online tonight and found on one of the poolsupplies.com website that sells it that it's not recommended for Intex/inflatable/pop up pools. Agh!!

Does this mean I shouldn't use it for a frame pool (this is what I have.) Mine is 14 x 48 this is our first season with it.

Help! What vacuum system do you use for your pool?

i want a vacuum that will work well but obviously not cause problems.

Thanks for your help!

They say that about Intex pools because usually the pump isn't strong enough to make suction side cleaners move around the pool well enough. Do you use the pump/combo system that comes with the pool or did you upgrade?

Nah it's not gonna work. I have a 1.5 hp 2 speed pump and mine only works on high.

one of the "aqua brooms" or "pool blasters" may be a better choice - I've not used one personally but I believed they are more geared to and marketed for Intex pools.

last year we used a cleaner called zappy on our 14' intex ultra frame and it worked fine, however it kinda fell apart by the end of the season. it did not work with the stock intex 1000gph pump, but did once we upgraded to the 1/2 hp 2500gph intex pump. it did a good job cleaning the pool but was very noisy and the tiny bag meant it had to be cleared out very frequently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.