Too much DE

nicpppardo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
Hello all!

I did a backwash the other day and I don't think I did it quite long enough. I swore the water was running clear by the time I stopped and then I added 80% of the amount of DE that is called for. Then today, I went to release some air from the filter because I had just put the vacuum in to run, and I saw tons of white particles come out with the water. Looked just like DE. Because of this, I am assuming I added too much. Can I just do another backwash to get rid of it? I'd assume do another full backwash and then still add 80% back, but my assumptions with this pool can be very wrong- that's why I'm here! ;)

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh I see that! Because I didn't have a rinse part, I assumed I didn't do that.. But now that I continued reading, I see I had it wrong. Will backwash again tonight! Thank you!

One more question! Is it safe to swim in the pool with this extra DE coming out? I plan on back washing my tomorrow afternoon, but just in case my in laws went swimming in the morning....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.