Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My crystal clear pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

My crystal clear pool!

Been a bit of a rough go at times since I started opening the pool this year. It had not been covered and was green swamp. Moreover, nothing I tried that had worked in the past was working now. I had bought an Intex SWG hoping that would help but no way it was going to do it alone. After a partial water change and a lot of bleach, I got the pool to start clearing. Then I did a little work with borax for the PH and played with the stabilizer level a bit ( it was way low after the water change). The final step, even though it's frowned on around here was the addition of a small dose of water clarifier. The result is pictured below. Got a little more work to do with the vacuum but I'm pretty happy right now. Chlorine, PH and TA levels are stable and the water is as clear as I can remember.
    Regards,
    Michael
    18ft. diameter, 48 inch deep Sharkline Reprieve AGP, 7000 gallons, Intex 14 inch sand filter with 3/4 H.P. 2,150 GPH pump, Intex SWG
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My crystal clear pool!

Nice!
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwithfivekids
    Nice!
    Thank you. Now if it would just warm up enough to swim. Crazy weather here in Georgia. We are just now getting warmer temps.
    Michael
    18ft. diameter, 48 inch deep Sharkline Reprieve AGP, 7000 gallons, Intex 14 inch sand filter with 3/4 H.P. 2,150 GPH pump, Intex SWG
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice!!! We're also in GA.....disappointing temperatures so far!
    Normally by now, the pool's 85-90.....right now, it's a pathetic 78....
    Ok when the family comes to visit from England.....but far too cold for us oldies.....we're fair-weather swimmers!

5. Back To Top    #5

20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!