Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Putting Greens

1. Back To Top    #1

Putting Greens

Has anyone ever put in an artificial putting green in their outdoor plans? I have been toying with the idea for several years, but may finally do it soon...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Putting Greens

had one in KC, installation is important depending on your expectations

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the majority of the tools and know how to do the project. Only thing I would need to rent is a plate compactor. My only concern now is the size. I am thinking of 15' x 28' and I have the perfect spot for it.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would recommend a layer of sand compacted between base material and artificial turf. Mine was not and I could chip or flop shots would bounce uncontrollable.. Mine was 12x 15 which was a little small for me.

5. Back To Top    #5

I've been trying with bermuda. I did washer holes 21' apart with 4" cups. Cutting it with a push reel mower set super low 3 times a week. Still not low enough. Using electric hedge trimmers I can get the grass lower but its not golf course quality...yet. Makes for a fun little chipping spot.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer everything starts looking like a nail.
    Doughboy 16x24 "Aboveground Inground" in progress...

6. Back To Top    #6

I will definitely be going with Artificial. Not home enough to maintain it on my own. They have them now that putt pretty well and can hold wedge shots. I ordered the materials today!

7. Back To Top    #7

Sound cool, dont forget the pics!
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

8. Back To Top    #8

It is ordered, but won't be delivered til early July. The style of material I want is getting produced in two weeks. It has a rubberized backing that will smooth out the green even more...