Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Infinity Pool Water Sag

1. Back To Top    #1

Infinity Pool Water Sag

Good afternoon - I have an infinity pool in my backyard and the infinity illusion, if you will, is lost when the edge pump is not running. Is that normal? Meaning, the water level seems to sag/drop once the edge pump is turned off (meaning you need the edge pump on for the infinity effect). Is that normal, or is there an atypical 'water sag' of some kind going on? Just curious. Thanks!
    17k gallon inground pool with infinity edge. Sand filter. Saltwater generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Infinity Pool Water Sag

I have no direct knowledge of edge pools, but I would think that small waves will cause the water to splash over the edge and without the edge pump refilling/replaicng, then you would get a little lower water level. Evaporation would impact that as well I would think. How much lower is it?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Infinity Pool Water Sag

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    I have no direct knowledge of edge pools, but I would think that small waves will cause the water to splash over the edge and without the edge pump refilling/replaicng, then you would get a little lower water level. Evaporation would impact that as well I would think. How much lower is it?
    Ours is an infinity pool, and yes, as soon as people start splashing about unless the pump is on the water level drops. Evaporation also takes its toll.
    400,000 Litre in ground infinity pool, with 40,000 litre holding tank (116 235.703 04 gallon). Vinyl liner.
    Two Astralpool Cantabric sand filters, 900mm diameter, each with 550kg of sand.
    Two ESI MP6 1.5kw 3 phase pumps.