Intex Ever Lasting Cartridge Filter

bg458

Nov 17, 2011
I just wanted to share my experience with my cartridge filter. I has one of those intex saltwater cartridge filter pump units that uses the size B filters. At the beginning of last year I bought 4 of them seeing people on this forum had to change them often. I know the size of my pool is not that big but it seems unreal that I only used one filter ALL of last season and for 2 weeks this season and rinsing of the filter last night I realized that it is still as white as the new ones. The only thing I did different than normal is I rapped the filter with a piece of screen from an old screen door. Flow is still perfect through the filter as since it is a combo unit it would shut off and say low flow, also water is crystal clear and rinsing the filter is a breaze. Take off the screen easy to hose as it is only large bugs, hair, etc. And the filter is only small particals that are easy to rinse. Just thought I'd share since I have learnt alot from others on this forum!!!

I will post a pic the next time I clean it, but to be honest I only openned 2 times last year even that because I had nothing to do. It is real simple just rap the filter around with the screen once and cut the extra from the top and bottom, then use it as normal. Worked great for me and we used our pool at least 5 days a week last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.