Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ever Lasting Cartridge Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ever Lasting Cartridge Filter

I just wanted to share my experience with my cartridge filter. I has one of those intex saltwater cartridge filter pump units that uses the size B filters. At the beginning of last year I bought 4 of them seeing people on this forum had to change them often. I know the size of my pool is not that big but it seems unreal that I only used one filter ALL of last season and for 2 weeks this season and rinsing of the filter last night I realized that it is still as white as the new ones. The only thing I did different than normal is I rapped the filter with a piece of screen from an old screen door. Flow is still perfect through the filter as since it is a combo unit it would shut off and say low flow, also water is crystal clear and rinsing the filter is a breaze. Take off the screen easy to hose as it is only large bugs, hair, etc. And the filter is only small particals that are easy to rinse. Just thought I'd share since I have learnt alot from others on this forum!!!
    Intex Ultra Frame 14 x 42 3500 gals
    Intex SWG combo unit (2000 gph), screen door screening around cartridge:-).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Ever Lasting Cartridge Filter

Sounds like a good tip bg458

It may be useful to post a picture of your mod.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Ever Lasting Cartridge Filter

I will post a pic the next time I clean it, but to be honest I only openned 2 times last year even that because I had nothing to do. It is real simple just rap the filter around with the screen once and cut the extra from the top and bottom, then use it as normal. Worked great for me and we used our pool at least 5 days a week last year.
    Intex Ultra Frame 14 x 42 3500 gals
    Intex SWG combo unit (2000 gph), screen door screening around cartridge:-).