Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Planning on opening pool. FC=0, PH 7.2, CYA <20 T/A=20

1. Back To Top    #1

Planning on opening pool. FC=0, PH 7.2, CYA <20 T/A=20

I lift the cover today and got water sample.
    FC=0, PH 7.2, CYA <20 T/A=20

Salt water pool.

Water looks ok, some leaves but color is ok.

SHould I dump bleach to raise FC to 3.0 and start the pump before I do anything else?
    IG double roman vinyl 40x20. 35000 gal. 9' deep. Diving board.Pentair 400HD gas heater, ItelliFlow Variable Flow pump, 520 cartridge filter, two pentair G5 lights, IC60 SWG cell.
    Photo album: http://slava.no-ip.org/~poolpic/photo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Planning on opening pool. FC=0, PH 7.2, CYA <20 T/A=20

Quote Originally Posted by slavka001
    I lift the cover today and got water sample.
    FC=0, PH 7.2, CYA <20 T/A=20

Salt water pool.

Water looks ok, some leaves but color is ok.

SHould I dump bleach to raise FC to 3.0 and start the pump before I do anything else?
    I'd start the pump first and be sure there were no leaks that would cause the loss of any chlorine you just poured in. If it's holding, sure, add some bleach. While it's all mixing, scoop out as much debris as you can. Then take another set of readings with everything all stirred up and go from there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!