Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Officially starting to freak out now...

1. Back To Top    #1

Officially starting to freak out now...

My pool is being installed starting tomorrow... I don't have the equipment pad laid out yet, I just realized that my pump doesn't have any kind of timer on it, I still have about 400lbs of sand to acquire for the filter and the steps, I have a bunch of bleach but I doubt it's enough for this size pool, I haven't acquired CYA yet, I haven't started messing with calculations for the stenner pump... just ugghhhh... been oncall the last 2 weeks and just haven't had the chance to piece all this together.

Can someone recommend a type of timer for the pump please. It only has 3 options, LOW/OFF/HIGH... so i'm gonna guess if left in any position it's just gonna run all day long. I am going to have to hard wire this into a box of some sort, so is there one that contains a timer in it??? 110 is what i'm using...
    27' Round Sharkline Venture 17K Gallon AGP
    Pentair SD80 26" Sand Filter
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5HP Dual Speed Pump
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Officially starting to freak out now...

http://www.lowes.com/_/N-1z140uv/pl?Ntt=Intermatic#!

They'll probably also have the CYA in the pool section out in the garden department.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

awesome, thank you! do you think it's possible to wire the stenner into this as well... so when the pump runs, so does the stenner? or would that be too much on one piece of equipment?
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

4. Back To Top    #4

Why not wire the timer to a box with two plugs in it - one for the pump, one for the stenner?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

i thought the pump itself had to be hard wired... does it not?
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by DigiManTX
    i thought the pump itself had to be hard wired... does it not?
    I'm not an electrician, so I don't know for sure what the code says.

I just googled what you had in your signature and the first hit was this Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp Aboveground Pool Pump - Dual Speed With Twist Lock Cord - 340542

7. Back To Top    #7

it came without the cord... as i didn't get it in the "package" with the filter... got a separate larger one...
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

8. Back To Top    #8

How far are you going to be from the side of your pool? Where I live code states that if you use a twist lock plug your outlet has to be 6' from the pool wall,min..If you use a standard 3 prong plug you have to be 10' from the pool min.,in either case cords cannot be more than 3' long and GFCI protection is required for all equipment,so plugs maybe an option for you too.(not sure about distances if equipment is hard wired,local code doesn't list that as an option)
    Rob

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    Borates
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season

9. Back To Top    #9

Please post pics of your build!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter