LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anyone run through the thought process or install of a large digital water temp display using a thermocouple directly in the return line from your pump pad to say a remote location (wall of the pump house) so you can easily read a accurate water temp from in/around the pool area?? Maybe even with outside ambient air temp as well?? Possibly use one of those indoor/outdoor digital displays for a house except install the outdoor temp sensor in the return piping and mount the display itself under an eave of the building which would read outside air temp as well ??
Looking to do something that would be fairly accurate but very visible from a far as well??
Ideas anyone??
Pictures maybe?? :grin:

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

I've spent some time thinking about what you describe...mounting a dual display,etc. I found many options up to around $30. I decided to try my idea that I posted here with a large dial meat thermometer floating.

I'll be interested if you do try out a wired probe or whatever.

DaneCE said:
I've spent some time thinking about what you describe...mounting a dual display,etc. I found many options up to around $30. I decided to try my idea that I posted here with a large dial meat thermometer floating.

I'll be interested if you do try out a wired probe or whatever.

I'll figure something out this season and definitely post the results :)
Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

This might also be a good project for a Raspberry Pi. Here is one project using temperature sensors: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/projects/raspbe ... mperature/

And here is another interesting project:
A couple of notes to follow my progress in developing a custom controller using the Raspberry Pi. It's goal is to automate the swimming pool pump, heating and lightning based on water temperature and external temperature while allowing remote control and monitoring. Local control will be done through a menu system on a small LCD screen with just 2 buttons ...
http://raspberrypi.werquin.com/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.