Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Digital Auto Pilot - bad salt readings

1. Back To Top    #1

Digital Auto Pilot - bad salt readings

Hi guys,

How long after adding bags of salt should i wait to get an accurate reading on my Auto Pilot?

Connected my Auto Pilot maybe a week ago. Salt level showed up as low on the screen. So i tested with the salt strip, adjusted the Auto Pilot by maybe 100 ppm, then added like 4 bags of salt. I wait 24 hours and then check again and the Auto Pilot reads like 200 ppm??? So I adjusted to the correct level using salt strip again. Waited and now the Auto Pilot reads over 5000 ppm.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that it takes a day or two for the salt to completely dissolve and the Auto Pilot to read it correctly?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Digital Auto Pilot - bad salt readings

For me, it generally takes 2 days before the salt is fully infused and I can get an accurate reading.
    12K play pool, sparkle quartz finish, Compupool salt system, PVC2000 infloor system, Emerson 3/4 filter motor, and AO Smith 1 HP infloor motor, PacFab Challenger Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

You should give the SWG at least 24 hours, preferably more, with the pump running the entire time before you pay any attention to it's salt readout after a salt addition.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys! Waited a few days and readjusted the reading. Everything seems to be fine now.