Need to reduce TA

May 23, 2007
Michigan
Right now my pool is clear and per the simplepool android I need to reduce my TA and increase CYA. The simple pool application recommendation mirrors what pool school recommends. I never have had good luck reducing my TA but the pool school says this is a critical spec to maintain. Can anyone recommend a good way for me to reduce my TA ? I have a attached spill over SPA I could use to aerate a small portion of the water but nothing else.

TC=5
CC=0
PH 7.6
TA = 160
CYA = 50
CH=250
salt=3300

I do intend on adding CYA until I reach 75 per the pool school.

Just keep adjusting pH and TA should come down all by itself. All the aeration does is accelerate the pH rise so you can dose it with acid again a little sooner. Same amount of acid. just less time.

The TA got there from your tap water. You've been drinking and bathing in the stuff for how long? It's not hazardous. Is the water clear and sparkly? Is it warm enough? Then go swimming! That will aerate it plenty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.