Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks and a Word of Encouragement

1. Back To Top    #1
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks and a Word of Encouragement

I just wanted to thank this site and it's contributors for a great opening this season.

This is my third season and I have had the easiest start-up yet. I have been open less than 48 hours and my water is clear. It has been a strange "Spring" here in MN, and I decided to get a jump on things and open Tuesday afternoon. I think the fact my water temperature is low has helped me blast any algae that was in there, but I also contribute the fast start-up to having a good game plan, sticking to it and trusting the process.

Obviously, we nailed the closing this fall. We set ourselves up for success this Spring thanks to this site.

I was right there with a lot of you the first year. I opened up a green swamp and got "pool stored" for 2 weeks spending literally hundreds of dollars before I found this site.

Follow the directions on this site for your green swamp, stay the course and let the chemicals and filter do their work. You have to understand getting as much of the organics out as possible (yes, that means using your skimmer until you feel like your arms are going to fall off) and shocking until you have reached the criteria are the keys.

The information on this site is literally invaluable and I also want to give TFTestKits a mention. Their customer service is really exceptional and their stuff just flat out makes owning a pool so much easier and trouble free.

To those of you fighting your swamps, follow the instructions, stay on it, and keep the faith. It will work out.
    30,000 gallons, Hayward S244T Sand Filter; 160 lpm, WhisperFlo; 1HP, IG, vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Thanks and a Word of Encouragement

Very nice post....Thank you.

The forum is full of members with a ton of knowledge and willing to help anyone who is willing to learn. There is no site as friendly and responsive as this one and a LOT of members work hard to keep it that way.

Thank you also for the very nice words about the kit.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Hey apwelb, what is your pool temp? Mine is 55F (agp).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.