Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Resizing pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

Resizing pictures

I just started a blog thread on the bicarb startup and have lots of pics to share, but they are all too high resolution. How can I downsize them with Windows 7? In XP I had a handy little right click tab that said resize. Not so on Windows 7.

I *know* you can link to a photobucket site, but never had one of those accounts.

Looking for the easiest/ quickest method here, so if there's way to resize would prefer that. If not, will probably need the for dummies version of how to link off site.

Thanks!
    20k white plaster with blue quartz, IntelliFlo VS, Quad DE 100
    1000 gal spa with natural stone waterfall
    Beach entry with 2 bubblers. Pool built Spring 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Resizing pictures

Really it is better to host the pictures on something like Photobucket, Picasa, Flickr, etc because then you can embed and link the higher resolution , larger pictures. using the IMG tag.

And then you are not using the forum memory and bandwidth.

Here is a link which may help:
    how-to-add-pictures-to-a-post-full-guide-with-screenshots-t45050.html
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    I just started a blog thread on the bicarb startup and have lots of pics to share, but they are all too high resolution. How can I downsize them with Windows 7? In XP I had a handy little right click tab that said resize. Not so on Windows 7.

I *know* you can link to a photobucket site, but never had one of those accounts.

Looking for the easiest/ quickest method here, so if there's way to resize would prefer that. If not, will probably need the for dummies version of how to link off site.

Thanks!
    The easiest method to me IS setting up a photobucket account.

Failing that, perhaps searching for "Irfanview", installing that, and go to Image/resize-resample and decrease the size there. When you resize pictures, you drastically lose quality, but I'm sure you know that
    ~31k gallon 18x36 IG, Vinyl LoopLoc Sahara, Hayward C-750 75sq' Cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS3050, SGS Breeze760 SWG, Homemade Aerators, SmartPool Nitro 52 Wall Climber, TFT100 XL, Borates, and a partridge in a pear tree :)

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, ****. Ok, I'll figure out the photobucket deal.

5. Back To Top    #5

I use a free program called pixresizer. If you use a hosting site and then later delete the pictures they aren't here anymore either. That could be good or bad depending on your point of view.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

6. Back To Top    #6

testing

ok, I've tried this 15 times, img, Img, IMG, just the link. What am I doing wrong?

7. Back To Top    #7

You have to post the link to the picture itself ... not the web page. It needs to end in .jpg

Right click on the picture in the webpage and select copy image URL and paste that in the IMG tag.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

8. Back To Top    #8

ok, well, that posts a link to the album, but how do I insert an actual picture that shows up in the thread? And for the record, I'm researching this, but haven't found the answer yet.

I got it! Now if I can remember what I did...

9. Back To Top    #9

If you can put the link in a browser and it ends in JPG and you ONLY see the picture, then that is the right link to put in the post.
    Jason, TFP Moderator