Need Help identifying pool light manufacture- pictures inc.

Sep 27, 2012
We are the third or forth hand owners of the house so I don't know exactly what year the pool was put in but I suspect either late 60's to mid 70's. I drained the pool this spring and thought I'd replace the light fixture as it had about 3 inches of water behind the lens. Unfortunately there are no identifiable markings on the the light. On the back of the stainless steel outer frame, there is a faint name stamped in the metal that looking under a magnifying glass appears to say "Swimline". Its a 12v, 300W unit.

I was hoping to replace the entire unit but am having difficulty getting any movement on the wire up the the niche. I am concerned that if there is a junction box, it may have been cemented over when one of the owners built a fountain. Now my plan is to purchase a replacement unit and reuse the wiring "insuring" that the housing is still watertight.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 52
Re: Need Help identifying pool light manufacture- pictures i

You will need to pull a new power cord from your J box, or circuit breaker.

All the new lights have cords attached for safety reasons.

You can try pulling a wire or steel through the coundit or attach a pull cable or rope to the old wire and pull it through the niche.

Or you may need an elect contractor or pool builder to pull the wire as they have special tools etc.

Safety may be worth the extra piece of mind.

I like the low voltage LED lights.

Re: Need Help identifying pool light manufacture- pictures i

Thanks for the reply. Even if I buy a new light, I need to make sure the new "bezel" will clip to the niche. Any ideas on how to find a replacement light that will work with the existing niche?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.