Rain, rain, GO AWAY!

May 12, 2008
East of KC, MO
Anyone else suffering installation woes? Ours was suppose to be installed last Wednesday, but due to rain, the other 8 installs in front of us got partially delayed. It was rescheduled to this Wednesday, but that appears like it will not happen with rain over the weekend, and very good chances tonight and all day tomorrow...it's never going to happen!! :(

In the meantime though, I raided my local grocery store and purchased 43 jugs of Always Save 6% bleach. They special ordered me 5 boxes (6 jugs per box) for 99 cents a piece (current sales price)! That should last me a little while I hope! Also got 2 boxes of borax, 12 lb bag of baking soda, 8 lbs of stabilizer, and a jug of muriatic acid. Also am armed w/ my TF100 test kit, so I hope to not have to visit the pool store once this year (well, going to pool school to learn the pump operation, etc).

Pool is a 27' 52" wall Garden Leisure above ground with a 1hp Pentiar system and a 22.5" sand filter. Also comes with an auto-cleaner (incentive, don't know the brand for sure).

Well, gotta fill out another Call Before You Dig appointment, as my lines have worn off from being mowed 3 times and all the rain....BOOOO!!

8)

Thanks, first time pool owner, and first time BBB operator! I think I'm set, but I will definitely be posting my fill water readings on here for backup, so I can get it up and going most efficiently (along w/ the pool calculators help).

My father-in-law (past pool owner) is questioning just about everything regarding BBB...I try to explain it to him, but he is used to his chlorine pucks and weekly shocks and trips to the pool store! I hope I can avoid all of that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.