Size of salt cell

May 9, 2013
Hello,

We need to replace our salt cell. It's over 5 yrs old. Are all sizes the same, as far as dimensions go...the same length?

Our pool is about 10K gallons. We currently have an Aqua Collection Turbulent Flo-Chamber (if that helps). I don't see 'sizes' on these things, and I want to buy online which is cheaper, but wasn't sure what to get and where to go.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Here's some pictures of what we have if this will help

Attachments

• 20130509_120622_resized.jpg
    20130509_120622_resized.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20130509_120627_resized.jpg
    20130509_120627_resized.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 20130509_120636_resized.jpg
    20130509_120636_resized.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 78
Oh. You have the AquaRite setup, that is what I had at previous house.

All the cells are the same dimensions, but there are different "sizes" as far as capacity ... BUT, being that you have an older controller, you may only be able to use the new T-15 cells and not the smaller ones ... depends on the software in the controller, I think.

You could call Hayward to see if they can quickly tell you what cells you can use.

There is nothing wrong with using the larger T-15 cell, besides the initial cost, you should just be able to run on a lower setting and the cell should last longer than the smaller cells.

Note there was a recent thread about a company that refurbs the cells for < $300.

What is the larger T-15? Is there a certain brand? Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15?

Do you know how I would get a manual for what we have now? I don't really know what all the numbers and stuff mean.

jblizzle said:
The T-15 is the largest cell claimed for 40k gallon pools. They are made by Hayward ... or there are some aftermarket ones available (not sure these work with old controllers) ... or you can swap for a refurb.

Manual can be found on the Hayward site here:
http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-Grou ... 4006_I.htm

Thank you so much! I didn't realize Hayward purchased Goldline. I'll give them a call first and see what will work. If not, probably worth buying a new one than refurb an old one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.