New Pool Owner and I have some leaks

May 8, 2013
CT
Hello all,I have a leak at my feeder hose to secondary strainer it appears to be at hose clamp itself and at the hose barb going into the strainer housing.I have tightened the clamp around the hose but that did not stop the leak there.
Second leak is at the return line going from the in-line chlorinator back into the pool,its basically the same leak as the one described above.
Any tips on how to fix my leaks would be greatly appreciated,was also wondering how get the hoses off the hosebarbs other than man handling them.

Welcome to TFP!

Pouring hot water over the hoses can soften them enough to help remove them.

If you have enough extra hose, you may find that cutting the end off and reattaching with the clean segment of hose seals better. The ulimate answer is to forget the hoses all together and use PVC pipe to plumb things. Just make sure to use unions and valves so you can shut off the water flow and remove plumbing for service. Also be careful that you don't create a ladder with the pipe for children to climb to gain access to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.