In the process of opening the pool. I've been shocking with granular chlorine (because I have alot on hand) as opposed to liquid chlorine.
After 5 days, water has cleared but keeps a "lemonade green" tint no matter how long I shock. Last check, FC = 4, TC > 10
It's probably metals (just received my TFT-100, copper, iron test kits today) but not sure yet.
If the metals are oxidized by the chlorine, would that produce high CC? (I'm thinking yes).
Should I persist shocking no matter what, until the CC is almost 0 or should I stop shocking until I can test for the metals and add sequestrant?
I figure keeping metals oxidized in the pool water for several days can't be good for staining the pool (fibreglass)
I will soon report all numbers with my new test kits to help you guys out,
P.S. Haven't done anything but add chlorine so far...