Step Jets Not Turning

Jul 7, 2012
We have a new pool (completed late last fall) and we don't know much about what we're doing, so we have a few posts at the moment.

We have four step jets (is that what they're called?) - one on each side of our two sets of steps. One jet is turning fast on each set of steps, but the other jet on both sets of steps just kind of lazily turns from time to time. Usually it doesn't turn at all. Is this normal?

How about a little history.Did it ever work properly? When is the last time you cleaned your filter?

Sorry, new pool (completed last fall), just opened a few weeks back and pretty clean now (total mess when we opened). No swimming yet because it's too cold.

We have backwashed the filter at least 5-7 times since we opened it and most recently a 4-5 days ago. It's been relatively clean since the shock and multiple vacuumings to do the initial clean.

I can't say if they ever worked properly. I just noticed the other day that one on each stepset was not turning.

If it is a new pool then it may not have ever worked and could either be defective or it isn't getting enough flow rate. Since you have a VS pump, keep in mind things like that don't work so well on lower speeds. Increase the pump speed and I bet you can really get it spinning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.