Intelliflo VS Stops Running Randomly

Jul 7, 2012
We have a new pool completed late last fall. We opened it a few weeks ago and it is now clean and in pretty good shape - though not warm enough for swimming. We have the pump set to run at low speed 24 hrs per day until we get through the messy spring season here. We have tried several schedules using our EZ Touch and for whatever reason, the pump just seems to stop running randomly. Sometimes it runs for 20 hrs, sometimes 12 hrs, sometimes 6 hrs, though it never runs for more than 24 hrs without stopping. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It was doing it last year before we closed it, but we literally ran it for a few days before shutting it down, so we assumed we weren't doing something right.

We tried egg timer running continuous, a schedule from 8pm to 8pm, and a schedule from 8pm to 7:59pm and it happened in all three cases.

We've had no problem restarting it.

Ideas? We've asked our PB and he says he's going to call Pentair, but that seems to linger.

The pump was off this morning when we got up, around 6:30 am. It was running at 2400 rpm. We restarted it then and it's running now at 2450 rpm. My husband doesn't want to turn it on higher yet. We're going to try to log the start and shut down times (as best we can on the shut down) and see if there is any pattern. There didn't appear to be, but I'm not sure how much he's been changing around the speed. It was running on high at first, then low, now medium. I'll post again in a couple of days after we've had a chance to log the behavior of it.

For anyone with the same problem, I believe we've solved this. I called Pentair and the support guy had me setup two separate schedules, one from 8a-5p and one from 5:01p-7:59a. The pump has stayed on since. He said if you're trying to do a 24 hr schedule, sometimes two schedules are necessary. Seems like a quirk with the EZ Touch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.