Chemical # question-new to hot tubs

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
Hi all-was a previous pool owner but we sold the house and along with it, the pool. The house we purchased has a hot tub in working condition (amazed)...I am currently testing the water to see where I am with the levels and have a question about the TA test.
I put the 0007 in the vial and when I added the 0008 reagent to the water, it turned red, not green. It was NEVER green. What are my next steps to adjust the TA? I had not had that problem with the pool.
As for the sanitation, FC is .5, CC is 1.5 and haven't checked the CYA since it is under cover, but outside on a deck. I saw M-T bottles of both Bromine and Chlorine tabs. I will be using Chlorine unless Bromine is a better way to go.
Please help with the TA question. Thanks.

I will update you with this response. We drained, cleaned and are re-filling the hot tub as I write this post. As soon as it is up and has run for a bit, I'll take another sample and post a new set of numbers. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.