Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chemical # question-new to hot tubs

1. Back To Top    #1

Chemical # question-new to hot tubs

Hi all-was a previous pool owner but we sold the house and along with it, the pool. The house we purchased has a hot tub in working condition (amazed)...I am currently testing the water to see where I am with the levels and have a question about the TA test.
    I put the 0007 in the vial and when I added the 0008 reagent to the water, it turned red, not green. It was NEVER green. What are my next steps to adjust the TA? I had not had that problem with the pool.
    As for the sanitation, FC is .5, CC is 1.5 and haven't checked the CYA since it is under cover, but outside on a deck. I saw M-T bottles of both Bromine and Chlorine tabs. I will be using Chlorine unless Bromine is a better way to go.
    Please help with the TA question. Thanks.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chemical # question-new to hot tubs

CYA over 100, will be draining at least half and refilling to decrease the #.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!

3. Back To Top    #3

TA turning red when you put in the R-0008, means your TA is close to 0. What is your ph?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

I will update you with this response. We drained, cleaned and are re-filling the hot tub as I write this post. As soon as it is up and has run for a bit, I'll take another sample and post a new set of numbers. Thanks for the help.