Pentair firmware programmer

May 7, 2013
Our pool control system consists of the IntelliTouch i9+3 with i10X Expansion Center and the MobileTouch wireless remote control. All this equipment was installed together in 2005.

I just got an IntelliFlow pump and want to install it to work with our system.

After reading the owner's manuals, researching here & there, and talking with Pentair tech support, I've confirmed the pump and our system are compatible. A firmware update of the i9, i10X and mobile controller will be required for full compatibility.

That means I need a Pentair 520957

Has anyone had any luck making, finding or using one of these kits?

Welcome to TFP!

They are normally only sold to Pentair dealers for their use in supporting Pentair equipment. Occasionally you can find one on the Internet, but it is not worth purchasing one just to update a single unit. In most cases a Pentair dealer will do the upgrade for free if you are giving them other business at the same time. For example the most common situation is that the dealer that you buy the pump for will usually be willing to do the firmware upgrade for you. A few very helpful dealers will do the upgrade for free even if you are not buying anything from them, but that is rare.

We bought the pump at a Leslie's pool supply store - an authorized Pentair reseller.

Leslie's does not have the kit

Pentair tech support confirmed they do not offer it for sale directly

If you're suggesting getting the kit from "someone else", I'd like to know a specific name to help the quest :)

This is why I'm looking for information on putting the kit together on my own as suggested and discussed elsewhere in this forum. So far, it looks like a total cost of $99 for the programmer and possibly some additional $$$ for the programmer's software.

Just trying to find anyone else who's already done this and see what info or pointers they might offer...

Thanks,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.