Manual spa cleaning options? Is pressure or suction better?

Sep 21, 2012
Foster City, CA
Hello,

I have an early model Polaris 3900 Sport that works inconsistently, gets stuck often, and only cleans the pool. I generally brush everything towards the main drain and hope the pump/filter and 3900 eventually pick everything up.

Saw a few posts where folks are draining the spa, then brushing and shopvac cleaning, but I'm looking for pole attached solutions (under $100?) that will allow me to vacuum finger sized leaves, bugs, sand, dirt, and dust from the attached spa, and spot vac the pool as needed.

I've read a bit about garden hose leaf baggers, but wondering about their effectiveness on smaller debris. I'm curious about hose attached skimmer/suction powered options. Also wondering if there's any way to take advantage of either higher pump speeds, or attaching something to the dedicated return line of the booster. Is the Polaris UWF truly "universal" or just for Polaris Automatic cleaners?

Re: Manual spa cleaning options? Is pressure or suction bett

I use this thing. It works pretty good for a spa. I have two gripes; 1 - it doesnt hold a lot of debris, figure a handful of average sized leaves 2 - the on/off design of the thing is stupid. However, for the money it does a great job and even if it only lasts a couple of seasons its stil a good solution.
http://www.amazon.com/Water-Tech-BR...e=UTF8&qid=1368037372&sr=8-4&keywords=spa+vac

Re: Manual spa cleaning options? Is pressure or suction bett

I've used a variety of spa cleaners, from hand pump types to battery-powered but I am currently using the Rainbow Spa Mini Vac
http://www.spa-daddy.com/Rainbow-Spa-Mi ... 4Aod9C0Aig
which I operate from a garden hose. I found that with the rechargeable cleaners, the battery or motor eventually dies and it was easier to just hook up the hose to the mini vac rather than get the battery-powered cleaner out of the garage, clean it, and then put it back again. I also like the fact that you attach it to the end of a pole so I can get to spots in the deep end of the pool if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.