Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pump Mounting Location Options...

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pump Mounting Location Options...

So on my new pool I am looking to install a Stenner pump. But I am torn how to mount it.

I live in Arizona, and our houses are generally all stucco. Under the stucco is foam, followed by 1/2" plywood. The thing I am worried about is installing it against the house and is possiability leaking at some point (and chlorine running along the stucco and wrecking it.

Any ideas of other ways to mount it? Flat Steel Stock? Drive a pressure treated pole into the ground next to the barrel maybe?
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pump Mounting Location Options...

I agree - I wouldn't want to mount the thing where a split hose or a leaking fitting will create more problems.

I'd look for one of those T-shaped metal fence posts for wire fences just because they'd be easiest to drive into the ground with a sledge hammer. I'm not fond of shovels or post hole diggers myself. Just take care selecting the location so that you don't drive it right through your buried plumbing or electrical! Because then you'd be back to the shovel...
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe a board attached to the barrel with a couple of straps? I hate the digging too, even with a tractor mounted auger around here you have to pry out rocks occasionally to get a hole in the ground. Last time the auger tossed a softball sized rock 7' up into a pear tree.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

4. Back To Top    #4

I appreciate the advice guys!
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....