Reattaching liner to wall

Smykowski

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
I'm pretty comfortable with chemistry and I know my way around a filter and pump, but I know nothing about pool construction or repair, so please be gentle.
I have a 33' AG Doughboy with a vinyl liner. I'm out mowing the lawn this morning and I see this piece laying on the ground next to the pool:

I take a look up under the top rail and see this:

The second picture above is with me gently pushing in on the pool wall so you can see the separation.

My questions are as follows...
1. What is the name of the white vinyl clip piece, and is there anything special I need to know about buying more?
2. Can anyone tell from the pictures what kind of setup I have, in terms of liner attachment?
3. Is there any special procedure I should use or special tricks I need to know for fixing/reattaching the new pieces?

Here are two quick shots of the top rail and the top of a post with the cover off:

The sections left and right of the one I took a picture of are both attached correctly. It's just this one section that I need to fix.

You've got it. when I bought them for my pool install they were listed as coping strips. Two different types, not sure the significance of the two. Different profiles, I'd just try to match what you have.

You should be able to take off 2-3 of your top caps & rails with the pool full without any problems. Then slip the coping back on and reattach everything. I used the shadebuilder.com method of installing a liner which involves removing the top caps and rails several times to get everything right. The rails and caps just provide support for the the wall above the water line. The wall is really held in place by the water inside, you won't move it much if at all. That's the main reason you don't want to let an AGP sit empty for long as there's not much to support it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.