Cleaning Concrete Deck

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
We just bought a house with a 16 x 30 in ground pool. I wanted to clean the concrete around the pool since it's very dirty and could use some brightening up.

Any suggestions on what products to use?

Can I have it power washed???

Thanks!
Dan

I've had the best luck with power-washing. I've used it with the soap-injector, but it didn't seem to make a big difference. I would warn not to get too aggressive with the wand/pressure. Most all concrete has some type of aggregate (pebbles) and I've seen where the high-water pressure blasts the cement and leaves the aggregate exposed making a rougher surface. The rougher surface makes a good surface for trapping dirt and algae making it more difficult to clean next time. I haven't tried it on my cool deck yet but will certainly start light. This is what I recommend for patio, deck and drive-way cleaning ~
http://www.lowes.com/pd_106124-348-...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.