dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
My wife and I just closed on our new house yesterday and so I had some time to inspect the pool, pump, filter in more detail.

The pump is plugged into an electrical box that basically has just an on/off switch on it. There is no timer.

Can anyone recommend a quality timer or are they all pretty much the same? I don't need anything fancy or anything with different speeds on it. Just a basic above ground pump timer that will handle the pump load.

This is an in ground pool (16 x 32) with a cartridge filter.

Thanks!!

The T101P has a plastic housing, the T101R has a steel housing and they are used if you have 120V input. If you have a 220V system you need to get the T104R timer. I recommend to get the steel housing.

I depends on where it will be located. Intermatic makes a good mechanical switch. If your needs are 120v then the 101 line would do. 220v is the 104 line. If it's located outdoors then it needs to be NEMA 3R. That will have the gasket around the door. I would get the metal one. I have seen the plastic doors fail over time. Another thing is the clock motor can be replaced in the future if it fails without getting a new unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.