Whyy is ph Neon pink?

Ph is bright almost neon pink
    & Cl is a little low @ 1.3
    ta@17
    salt@4700ppm
    cya low @ 20

Taylor kit

pool is a little green.

Does it hurt to shock if ph is high, pink means 8+ right??? if i add acid can i shock in 30 min or do i have to wait coulpe days?
    Can i use liquid chlorine in salt pool?

Thanks guys
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Whyy is ph Neon pink?

Your pH is high. You can add some acid then shock, and you can use liquid chlorine in a salt pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by marty
    Ph is bright almost neon pink
    & Cl is a little low @ 1.3
    ta@17
    salt@4700ppm
    cya low @ 20

Taylor kit

pool is a little green.

Does it hurt to shock if ph is high, pink means 8+ right??? if i add acid can i shock in 30 min or do i have to wait coulpe days?
    Can i use liquid chlorine in salt pool?

Thanks guys
    Is that TA a typo? Make sure you enter the correct value when you plug the numbers into pool calculator to find out how much acid to use. And you might need to add it more than once, because if you enter 8.2 and it's really 8.5.....

Let the water circulate for half an hour or so after adding acid. It also helps to brush a little to really mix things up. Once pH is close, then you can start the shock process.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok sounds good! its a 12k pool is 4700 ppm ok or should i drain some? thanks guys. no thats not a typo 107ppm
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok sounds good! its a 12k pool is 4700 ppm ok or should i drain some? thanks guys. no thats not a typo 107ppm
    So the TA in your first post as a typo at 17, not 107. 4700 ppm salt is too gigs for most SWGs.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

6. Back To Top    #6

Their range is 3000-4500 with ideal at 3400. I would verify that your salt level is at 4700 and drain enough to get back to 3500.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process