Aquabot Mamba vs. Kreepy Krauly

Sep 1, 2012
Camillus, NY
Hi all!

Looking to get started on pool opening now that the weather is warming up, and this season I'm considering getting an automatic pool cleaner to help cut down on the hours otherwise spent vacuuming. I've been researching cleaners, and it looks like for my price range a suction-side cleaner is the way to go (my price range being the cheaper the better :lol: ).

Anyway, I found an interesting cleaner called the Aquabot Mamba (also marketed as the Aqua Products Mamba) that seems to have fairly good reviews from the very few I could find, but only costs ~$100. Is this a great deal, or something to avoid?

More info: http://www.aquabot.com/residential/aquabot-mamba/

I've also looked at a number of other cleaners, specifically some of the lower-end Kreepy Krauly models that go for ~$300 with a $100 manufacturer's rebate, brand new. Would a Kreepy Krauly be worth the extra $100? It seems like it's hit-or-miss when it comes to suction-side cleaners.

Due to the equipment costs, I believe both pressure-side and robot cleaners are out of my price range. Seriously, I can't afford to drop $1000+ on a pool cleaner. :hammer: I am open to suggestions, however.

Please let me know what your opinion is, and if anyone has tried the Mamba, please let us know how it works! :-D

Great reviews for the MX8 and the Pool Cleaner (Poolvergen ?) if you are looking for a suction cleaner.

There is a big rebate on the MX8 now too.

These are currently the only 2 on my list if I decided to go with a suction cleaner.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I don't know if you bought a cleaner yet, but I tried the Aquabot Mamba. It does the walls very well, but I couldn't get it to come down off of the walls and do the floor. I turned the pressure valve to the absolute minimum and it still just did the walls. And it had plenty of hose, so that was not the problem. I am sending it back.

We bought ours a month ago from the local pool store for just over $125. Considering what we've been spending on chemicals to get from black water to blue, it seemed like a pretty low risk. Couldn't be happier with it! It gets everything except the deepest part of the pool, and it only takes a couple minutes to manually vacuum that. Our pool has never been cleaner. We keep the momba hooked up for a day or two a week, and that does it. It's a big improvement over the daily vacuuming we did last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.