Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Day Another Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Another Day Another Problem

Ohhh the joys of my first pool. So here is the story, I got my filter all figured out and turned everything on and the fitting on the outlet of my hayward cl110 chlorine feeder was leaking, and badly. So After trying some things like O-rings and more teflon tape and tightening more, or less. SO after being frustrated I was trying to loosten it and broke the pvc pipe under the 90 degree the outlet connector.

Anyway I have included pictures since I probably made no sense above, but now I have a bigger problem than the one I started with, Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Another Day Another Problem

The pics obscure some of the piping but it looks like, by loosening three unions, you can remove the broken pvc and then reconstruct it. Will those unions allow you to remove the damage?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I removed the two unions at the quarter turn ball valves so I can begin reconstruction of the broken pieces, The black piece shown... Is it a hayward piece? or is it something a specialty plumbing store will carry?

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

It is a Hayward part, but why not take this as an opportune moment to remove that dreaded puck feeder
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    It is a Hayward part, but why not take this as an opportune moment to remove that dreaded puck feeder
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!