Another Day Another Problem

May 6, 2013
Ohhh the joys of my first pool. So here is the story, I got my filter all figured out and turned everything on and the fitting on the outlet of my hayward cl110 chlorine feeder was leaking, and badly. So After trying some things like O-rings and more teflon tape and tightening more, or less. SO after being frustrated I was trying to loosten it and broke the pvc pipe under the 90 degree the outlet connector.

Anyway I have included pictures since I probably made no sense above, but now I have a bigger problem than the one I started with, Any help would be appreciated.

[attachment=1:3e6wesa9]phpP6FMmMPM.jpg[/attachment:3e6wesa9]

[attachment=0:3e6wesa9]phpyyHXhxPM.jpg[/attachment:3e6wesa9]

Attachments

• phpP6FMmMPM.jpg
    phpP6FMmMPM.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 84
  • phpyyHXhxPM.jpg
    phpyyHXhxPM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 84
The pics obscure some of the piping but it looks like, by loosening three unions, you can remove the broken pvc and then reconstruct it. Will those unions allow you to remove the damage?

Yes, I removed the two unions at the quarter turn ball valves so I can begin reconstruction of the broken pieces, The black piece shown... Is it a hayward piece? or is it something a specialty plumbing store will carry?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.