Leak thru return jets in stairs

May 7, 2013
I have figured out thankd to this awesome forum where my leak is, but have no idea how to fix it.

This setup has a knob on the stair "ledge" that dictates how much bubbling you get coming out of the jet. The problem is it never worked right. Now, the leak is steady. I think the air tube is the issue. Is there an easy way to fix this without tearing up the concrete. We can do without the bubbles. ..

Lee
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

9aga9yba.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think I may have a idea how to fix it. Last night, I went out to the pool and reached in the fitting hole and realized that the tube that goes up to the side of the step (the venturi maybe??) is within reach. I am guessing that it may have rotated a bit and has a hole in the tube. Since I am not concerned about it working correctly, I may try to reach in and epoxy the hole shut and then sand it flush with the PVC. If not, the option is to cut into the pool deck which is never ideal.

Think I got it fixed last night. Spent 30 minutes leaning over the edge of the pool looking into the nozzle and discovered that the airtube is the cause of the leak. the fix was relatively easy by using JB Weld marine and some 3M 5200 sealant to fill the airhole so water will no longer exit it. I think the wall fixture may have turned a bit this winter causing the airhole to move towards the side a bit. I straightened it and it seemed to hold the water and stop the leak. The JB Weld was put in to make sure that the airhose/venturi won't be an issue again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.