Hello To All

Hi everyone.

My name is Ross Pagni and I am new to the forum. I live in northern California and have owned my house and subsequently my pool of a little over a year now. As it sits now my pool has sate of the art equipment. Unfortunately it was state of the art in 1977. I just replaced the pump with an Inteliflow variable speed pump myself and love the thing. When I first fired it up an interesting thing happened. It was as if i had been bitten by a bug and I became instantly fascinated with all of my pool equipment. The next project I will tackle is to replace the archaic solar mats on my roof, or as I like to call them when I fire them up, my own personal Bellaggio fountains. They are very old and need to go.

I look forward to gleaning what I can from this site and humbly bow to the wealth of knowledge you all have to offer. Thanks in advance for all of the answers to my silly pool noob questions.

:wave: Welcome to TFP, again!!! ;)

Please add your pool details and location as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

BTW, depending on just how many leaks you have, it is quite easy to fix the solar mats using plugs. I bought a set of used mats for a DIY install and ended up with 3 of the little tubes leaking which were easily plugged.

Yeah The Mats are so far gone that they really need to go. I am looking at about Thirty leaks. On top of that the previous owner never really took care of the system so the matts are so brittle new leaks sprout up every time I use turn it on. I really wanted to try and plug them when I heard about it, but hey 35 years is not a bad run.