Liners: 20mil vs. 27mil

jackty

Jan 18, 2011
West Tennessee
Are there benefits to either liner thickness over the other? Royal doesn't offer a 27mil without a border. I really don't want a border on our liner, which means that I need to select a 20mil. If the 27mil is a better product than I will sacrifice and get one with a border. I'd love to hear your opinions/experience.

Some installer recommend thicker material on the walls and thiner on the floor. However, it really doesn't seem to make all that much difference other than installing the heavier material is a little more work.

basically what will puncture the 20 mil will puncture the 27mil...
and if the 27 mill last a few yrs longer, your probably just gonna have a faded liner for those extra few yrs....

If they are same price, and someone else is installing it then go with the 27....
Else probably just get the 20mil....
]
Thats what I put in last yr in my DIY, and pool owner put it basically just like that to me and makes sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.