Need feedback on this Royal Pool kit

jackty

Jan 18, 2011
West Tennessee
We are almost ready to make our purchase. I'd love your feedback before we place our order. I'd love to get the cost down, but I'm not sure what is worth cutting. For instance, are the Color Logic LED lights a lot better than the basic white lights? If you have a Cozy Cove, do you use it often? Thanks for any input on aesthetics or functionality (ie., pump, filter, chlorinator, etc)

19' x 44' x 22' Grecian - L Pool
Pool-Type: Steel
Brace-System: Adjustable_A-Frame
Coping: Bullnose
Shallow-end Entry: 8' Roman Back Sit-n-Step
Shallow Step Color: White
Step Jets: 2-returns
Step-Location: end-L
Handrail & Escutcheons: Dual Figure-4 Rails
Handrail & Ladder Anchors: Plastic
Deep-end Entry: In-wall Ladder White
Swimout: 8' White Cozy Cove w/ 6 Jets
Pool Pump: 1.5hp Hayward 1-1/2"
Pool Filter: 24" Hayward Sand 1-1/2"
Skimmer System: 2 Skms, 2MD & 3 Returns
Chlorinator: Aqua-Plus 4 & 40K Salt Cell
Auto Cleaner: Polaris 280 & Pump
Pool Light: Niche & Color-Logic LED 50'
Pool Light 2: Niche & Color-Logic LED 100'
Diving-Board: 8' Board & Base
Pool-Depth: Standard-8ft
Non Stock Liner: Blue Ridge 27M

What is the estimated volume?

Not sure I can recommend cost savings, but can certainly recommend cost increases ;) ... like getting a 2-speed pump (actually you may be able to go to a 1HP 2-speed for a similar price) and possibly a bigger filter (depends on the volume).

Sure they are not the bells and whistles, but will make maintenance easier and save money on electricity over the long run.

I second the bit about 2 speed pump unless you have very cheap electricity, also check with your home owners insurance before getting a diving board, some insurance companies charge extra if you have one, some will not even cover them at all, yet others don't seem to care.

Depends if you want to different colors or not. I replaced our old bulb with a color changing bulb. In reality we rarely use it, but that is because our kids are still young so we are not usually out swimming late enough for it to be dark.

We just received our pool kit from Royal yesterday and will start our build next week. In order to bring down costs, we ordered the kit without the major equipment. I searched online at pool equipment sites and got the pump, sand filter, intellibrite led lights, timer, pool cleaner (polaris 280) and booster pump from pool supply world. All of the equipment was here before the pool kit and was alot cheaper than what Royal charged. :party:

mdinwiddie21 said:
We just received our pool kit from Royal yesterday and will start our build next week. In order to bring down costs, we ordered the kit without the major equipment. I searched online at pool equipment sites and got the pump, sand filter, intellibrite led lights, timer, pool cleaner (polaris 280) and booster pump from pool supply world. All of the equipment was here before the pool kit and was alot cheaper than what Royal charged. :party:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.