Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need feedback on this Royal Pool kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Need feedback on this Royal Pool kit

We are almost ready to make our purchase. I'd love your feedback before we place our order. I'd love to get the cost down, but I'm not sure what is worth cutting. For instance, are the Color Logic LED lights a lot better than the basic white lights? If you have a Cozy Cove, do you use it often? Thanks for any input on aesthetics or functionality (ie., pump, filter, chlorinator, etc)

19' x 44' x 22' Grecian - L Pool
    Pool-Type: Steel
    Brace-System: Adjustable_A-Frame
    Coping: Bullnose
    Shallow-end Entry: 8' Roman Back Sit-n-Step
    Shallow Step Color: White
    Step Jets: 2-returns
    Step-Location: end-L
    Handrail & Escutcheons: Dual Figure-4 Rails
    Handrail & Ladder Anchors: Plastic
    Deep-end Entry: In-wall Ladder White
    Swimout: 8' White Cozy Cove w/ 6 Jets
    Pool Pump: 1.5hp Hayward 1-1/2"
    Pool Filter: 24" Hayward Sand 1-1/2"
    Skimmer System: 2 Skms, 2MD & 3 Returns
    Chlorinator: Aqua-Plus 4 & 40K Salt Cell
    Auto Cleaner: Polaris 280 & Pump
    Pool Light: Niche & Color-Logic LED 50'
    Pool Light 2: Niche & Color-Logic LED 100'
    Diving-Board: 8' Board & Base
    Pool-Depth: Standard-8ft
    Non Stock Liner: Blue Ridge 27M

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need feedback on this Royal Pool kit

What is the estimated volume?

Not sure I can recommend cost savings, but can certainly recommend cost increases ... like getting a 2-speed pump (actually you may be able to go to a 1HP 2-speed for a similar price) and possibly a bigger filter (depends on the volume).

Sure they are not the bells and whistles, but will make maintenance easier and save money on electricity over the long run.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I second the bit about 2 speed pump unless you have very cheap electricity, also check with your home owners insurance before getting a diving board, some insurance companies charge extra if you have one, some will not even cover them at all, yet others don't seem to care.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, so we decided to go with a smaller Grecian L. As per the suggestions here we have also upgraded to a 2 speed pump, and a larger filter. Any other suggestions? Are the Color Logic LED lights worth the extra cost?

5. Back To Top    #5

Depends if you want to different colors or not. I replaced our old bulb with a color changing bulb. In reality we rarely use it, but that is because our kids are still young so we are not usually out swimming late enough for it to be dark.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

We just received our pool kit from Royal yesterday and will start our build next week. In order to bring down costs, we ordered the kit without the major equipment. I searched online at pool equipment sites and got the pump, sand filter, intellibrite led lights, timer, pool cleaner (polaris 280) and booster pump from pool supply world. All of the equipment was here before the pool kit and was alot cheaper than what Royal charged.
    23'-3" x 37'-4" oasis shape, ig vinyl liner, polymer walls, 2 skimmers, 2 md, 3 returns, 2 step returns, Hayward VS pump, Hayward sand filter, polaris 280 w/ booster pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mdinwiddie21
    We just received our pool kit from Royal yesterday and will start our build next week. In order to bring down costs, we ordered the kit without the major equipment. I searched online at pool equipment sites and got the pump, sand filter, intellibrite led lights, timer, pool cleaner (polaris 280) and booster pump from pool supply world. All of the equipment was here before the pool kit and was alot cheaper than what Royal charged.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!