Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Testing in the rain?

1. Back To Top    #1

Testing in the rain?

This may be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find an answer (and get lost reading about solar covers and other stuff that pops up in my results...I'm easily distracted )

Should I test my pool water when it's raining out? Or wait until the rain passes?

Can I get accurate results in the rain?

Just curious...

Thanks!

-Shawn
    30,000 gallons, IG, plaster, Hayward S-240 Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump (unsure of speed)
    Built circa 1980.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Testing in the rain?

If it rains for days ... your pool will be in a world of hurt if you are not testing and adding chlorine.

Of course it will be accurate ... you are testing the actual water in the pool. You should take the water sample from down as deep as you can reach and do the testing inside out of the rain.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Testing in the rain?

Great, thanks! Now off to the Pool Calculator to see what I need! Thanks so much!
    30,000 gallons, IG, plaster, Hayward S-240 Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump (unsure of speed)
    Built circa 1980.