I have a 34k gallon vinyl inground salt water pool that hasn't been open in 3 years. I'm attempting to open it on my own with a little guidance from a local pool guy (and hopefully here)
I took the cover off and hooked up the pump. Cleaned filter as added the de as directed. The pool has a lot of sediment on the bottom and is a black murky color with a few frogs in it. My pool guy said to shock it with 5 gallons of liquid shock and throw a few chlorine tabs in the skimmer baskets and run for 24 hrs with occasional backwashing.
He said we will remove the sediment/leaves later?
Wouldn't that just blacken it back up? Is there a way to get the leaves out that won't waste my money on the initial shock? Does this seem right?