Starting up a Pool Slide

RyanH

May 6, 2013
Kentucky
I have just opened my pool for the first time and I am having difficulty getting water going to the slide. I tried turning the valve on the slide to open while the pump was going but nothing happened. When the pool guy was over installing the SWCG he showed me another valve after the pump on the return line that went to the slide. So I tried again to open the valve on the slide (after he left) while having the return valve open as well. This time the slide made a psshhh sound, kind of like a soda sounds when first opened, but no water came out.

I am wondering if the slide needs to be primed or what the problem might be. I am considering closing the other valve that goes to the jets and forcing all of the water to the slide. I am concerned, however, that if I am wrong I could cause a pipe to blow or something. What do you think I should do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.