Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Starting up a Pool Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Starting up a Pool Slide

I have just opened my pool for the first time and I am having difficulty getting water going to the slide. I tried turning the valve on the slide to open while the pump was going but nothing happened. When the pool guy was over installing the SWCG he showed me another valve after the pump on the return line that went to the slide. So I tried again to open the valve on the slide (after he left) while having the return valve open as well. This time the slide made a psshhh sound, kind of like a soda sounds when first opened, but no water came out.

I am wondering if the slide needs to be primed or what the problem might be. I am considering closing the other valve that goes to the jets and forcing all of the water to the slide. I am concerned, however, that if I am wrong I could cause a pipe to blow or something. What do you think I should do?
    20 x 45 ft Roman Lazy L, 28k Gallons, Vinyl, Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter (600 lb), 1.5 HP pump + Booster pump for Polaris 280, Hayward Gas Heater H300, Hayward T-15 SWCG w/ AquaRite digital controller

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Starting up a Pool Slide

What do you think I should do?
    Call the pool guy. Water to a slide can be supplied many different ways and it is impossible to tell how yours is hooked up. Surely he will remember?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

He didn't install it, but rather just pointed to a valve on the return line. He is coming out again to work on the heater so I will ask him then.
    20 x 45 ft Roman Lazy L, 28k Gallons, Vinyl, Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter (600 lb), 1.5 HP pump + Booster pump for Polaris 280, Hayward Gas Heater H300, Hayward T-15 SWCG w/ AquaRite digital controller

4. Back To Top    #4

I got it working! Whoo hoo! If anyone else comes across this problem the solution was to partially close the main return valve so more water would go to the slide. I love simple fixes.