Unsafe Pumps

chicha

Apr 6, 2013
El Salvador
I have a "Pentair Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter". (I don't know why it's called a "filter" instead of a "pump" or "cartridge filter pump". That's the word used in the Owners Manual.)

In the manual, there is this WARNING. Everything is in capital letters, due to it being a warning, so I'll type it in capital letters.

THIS FILTER OPERATES UNDER HIGH PRESSURE. WHEN ANY PART OF THE CIRCULATING SYSTEM (e.g., LOCK RING, PUMP, FILTER, VALVES, ETC.) IS SERVICED, AIR CAN ENTER THE SYSTEM AND BECOME PRESSURIZED. PRESSURIZED AIR CAN CAUSE THE LID TO BLOW OFF WHICH CAN RESULT IN SEVERE INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. TO AVOID THIS POTENTIAL HAZARD, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

I'm in a rental. It appears that the Lock Ring had previously blown off prior to my occupancy and doesn't assemble very easily. I just purchased a new one, but my question is this:

Does everyone in this forum use a pump with a similar warning? If I ever install my own pool, I'd rather use a pump that doesn't have the potential to cause "severe injury, death or property damage"! Does such a pump exist?

Aren't there simpler and safer pumps than this model???

Pretty sure all the manufacturers have a similar warning ... it is a pressure vessel after all.

A pump = the equipment that actually "sucks" the water in the front and pushes it out the top.
A filter = the equipment that the water passes through to pull the dirt out.

They are 2 different pieces of equipment ... although some AG pool equipment is sold in pairs, which results in this confusion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.