Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valve reversed after startup...?

1. Back To Top    #1

Valve reversed after startup...?

So, everything is running and my water looks far better than I expected after getting everything started today. The weird thing is though that my deck jet valve actuator seems to be reversed now. When that circuit is "On" (in my ET4) the valve has the jets completely off and when it is off, the jets are running. I don't know how that happens other than switching the wires, which didn't happen. Anyone have any ideas on what could make this happen and how I put it back to "normal"?
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Valve reversed after startup...?

There is a switch on the actuator itself ... flip it to the other side to reverse the polarity.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Valve reversed after startup...?

Thanks Jason - I *totally* forgot about that switch (it's actually "underneath" mine, so you can't see it). Still can't quite figure how it got switched, but all is good now.
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4