Keeping the water moving

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
If you have been following my other message thread you may know that my solar controller that controls my pump that I just reinstalled along with my new solar panels was fried yesterday by a power surge, along with an older flat panel TV. I have a replacement controller on order, but it will be a couple of days before it arrives, so to keep water circulation going until then I have this rigged using a little diesel powered water pump I bought at a military surplus auction a year or two ago, only paid about $200 for it, I guess it is earning its keep (it was 20 years old, never been started still had original factory tags).

Ike

Attachments

• dieselpump.jpg
    dieselpump.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 116
  • poolcirc.jpg
    poolcirc.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 587
  • poolcircb.jpg
    poolcircb.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 80
Not easily, but there is plenty of circulation there, it does not show in that photo, but I am estimating flow at somewhere well over 100 GPM, the pump is rated at a minimum of 65GPM at 50 FT of head, and 10 FT suction side lift has 1.5 inch fittings for suction and discharge, and of course that is army rating which tends to be conservative, it is powered by a 4.5hp Yanmar L40 diesel engine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.