Wood above ground or Sunken On ground

I'm looking at 15' x 30' oval. Either a wood above ground (or semi-below ground) by Auqubois OR a 'Rockwood' that is an oval sunken all the way in ground (can't have concrete poured next to it).

We have young kids, so we would have to fence in the rockwood, plus the cost to add patio all the way around.
The Auqubois would end up cheaper since we could just do mulch garden around. And may not need fence (might still do fence if semi in ground).

What would you do??

How do the on-ground prices compare to an in-ground? From the small amount of research I've done it almost seems as though an IGP is only a small percentage more expensive.

I've often wished I had an on-ground instead of AG, mainly I just wish I had a hopper, AG or OG. Decking would be nice too, but it doesn't really matter what type of pool, decking is a large expense either way.

I only compared AG vs the Rockwood. I'm not sure that it's even considered an Onground. The company also sells onground pools but they are a little more expensive. The inground were out of our price range.
15 x 30 is 12,699 + 500 to have 54" walls (instead of 48") + 1200 to sink all the way (excavation cost) + 400 for accessory kit (drop in ladder, auto chlorinator, winter cover, solar cover and creepy crawly vacuum.
The cheapest inground I heard of started at 26,000 and not a very big pool, but i didn't look around for prices.
The 15 x 30 AB was 8,000 (installed)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.